Monday, January 10, 2011

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone.



This band really is for the painfully alone. Simple electric piano riffs and programmed drum loops, backed by the Owen Ashworth's, pained, often gruff vocals can leave you feeling a little depressed. But then again sometimes you need to.


I am definitely a lyrics person and CFTPA is lyrically excellent band. They are matter of fact and powerful, each song as interesting as the next. A few songs are less then a minute long, for example "The Only Way to Cry" yet have a very simple truth to them. 


a man goes to the movies
& buys every seat in the house
he cries alone in the darkness
until the end credits roll
he says i know it seems extravagant
but have you ever tried
man it's the only way to cry 



The stand out song from the album Etiquette is "I love you Creedence" and the chorus pretty much sums the song up.


and this September I'll be 26 years old
& El's still the only one besides my dad
who's ever said I love you Creedence


I love you Creedence:



If you are like me, you will have them on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment