Monday, January 17, 2011

90's Band's You Need to Know: The Gerbils



Ok. So i only stumbled across them by accident. I was listening to a joint cover by them and Neutral Milk Hotel and was absolutely blown away by the song writing.


 Really you have to have a listen this band! The song Glue off the Album Are You Sleepy? is extremely good both lyrically, musically and the chorus builds to a point where i get shivers when i hear it.


"And I will scream, she hears me
 I will tell myself she loves me 
 And all the lies and fears 
 Will stick to me like glue"


Here is the Original:






Neutral Milk Hotel/The Gerbils Cover:



The Rest of the album is in a similar lo-fi folk style. If you are into Neutral Milk Hotel then you will absolutely love this band.

Just amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment